I don’t even want to stop and think about the fact that the end of June is near already. And I have a sneaky suspicion that these questions will leave me with a massive headache as I’ve been very lucky so far this year and have read some incredible books!
Anyway, here we go.
1. The best book you’ve read so far this year :
Oh sure, let’s start with an easy one, why don’t you? Gah! I have way too many 5 star books to choose from. I’d list them all if I could but I’ll settle for two very different ones. And an honorary mention for The Dry. Man, I can already tell compiling my Top 10 books of the year is going to be a complete nightmare!
2. Best sequel of the year so far :
Aw, come on! Seriously?! Two again. I’m not sorry!
3. New release you haven’t read yet but want to :
Hahahaha! ALL OF THEM! Fine, two it is, again.
4. Most anticipated release of the second half of 2017 :
Sorry, two again. Actually even 3 (new Stuart MacBride) but I’ll stick to two.
5. Biggest disappointment of the year so far :
Hm, as I said, I’ve been very lucky but the one that stands out to me as it didn’t live up to my expectations is :
6. Biggest surprise :
I didn’t think I’d enjoy this one because of the supernatural vibe but boy, was I wrong!
7. Favourite new author (debut or new to you) :
New to me : Neil White
8. Newest fictional crush :
I don’t tend to have crushes on fictional characters but in the spirit of the game, I’ll go for Jake Boulder.
9. Newest favourite character :
Lottie Parker, I think. Balancing a career as a detective with being a single mother and making quite a mess of it. It’s just so realistic.
10. Book that made you cry :
Well, would you look at that! An easy question! I didn’t have to think about this answer.
11. Book that made you happy :
This is so not what I usually read but it made me laugh at a time when I really needed it.
12. Favourite book to movie adaptation you’ve seen so far this year :
I’ve not watched a single movie this year.
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year :
Apart from the one for Neil White’s From The Shadows that I mentioned previously, it’s probably Shadows by Conrad Jones. I couldn’t quite contain my excitement.
14. Most beautiful book you bought or received this year so far :
15. Books you need to read by the end of this year :
Again I say : ALL OF THEM! Are you really asking me to narrow it down? I think I’m having a panic attack.
There’s also the new Stuart MacBride and the second book in the Jake Boulder series and the new Michael J. Malone and ….. you get the picture, I’m sure.
That was hard but a lot of fun! Thanks again to Nicola and Tina for tagging me!
I would like to see the following people do this but please don’t feel like you have to if you don’t want to or if you’ve done it before, obviously.